Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mexico

Mexico was a good time, Tracie and I took a trip down to celebrate our 5th anniversary. It was actually our first honeymoon if I was to be truthful. We went to the Yucatan peninsula and stayed at the Sandos Caracol Beach Resort and Spa about 5 miles from Playa del Carmen, it was on the beach, had a few pools to choose from, had all kinds of different restaurants, and they had different shows at night to watch if you wanted to. Tracie and I took some time to play on the beach and swim in the pool but not much because we wanted to get out and see some of the sights near by. We went to Playa del Carmen and walked the main street that had all of the shops, they are packed in there, it's funny they all pretty much have the same things and when you walk by they say, "come to my shop, I have everything, I give you good deal," or "come in my shop, just for the hell of it." Tracie thought it was pretty fun to try to get the people in the shops to try to get them to bring the price down, she was pretty good at it to. We took one afternoon to take a trip to Xcaret, it's kind of like a little amusement park, it has all kinds of different things to do, Tracie played with the big sea turtles, we watched a Mayan warrior dance, and went to the butterfly museum just to name a few of the things we did there. At night they have a show that starts with the Mayan people and works its way up through time until now, it was a great show, very glad we took the time to see that. We also took an afternoon to go to Tulum and see some of the ruins, they are amazing to see, Tracie and I decided not to take a taxi but to save some money and take the bus to Tulum, on the way down the bus had to many people on it so we had to stand in the aisle and hold on for dear life, the bus ride was about an hour, now I know what cattle must feel like. I wish we could of climbed them like I was able to 15 years ago when I was in high school. I wish we could of had more time to go to some of the other ruins but I guess we saved them for a trip in the future. We had to take a picture of the policeman and his big gun for Jason. The vacation was fun but boy is it good to be bad on US soil.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Did you make a baby in Mexico? Or better said, did Tracie swallow the worm? :)