Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summertime Fun


Well I guess it is time that I Bite the Bullet and finally start writing. I have been trying to think of what to put on this blog because life around Ryan and Tracie's house is pretty repetitive. I finally decided to shed a little light on the great weekend our whole family had at Six Lakes. Mom's suprise birthday party (we hope it was a suprise to her) was great. It was fun to have friends and family from miles away come and show their love for mom. Alawna, that was a great plan and thank you for all the time and hard work you put into planning that great weekend. It was fun to stay in the cabin where the whole family could be together and embark in many adventures (fishing, canoeing, riding bikes, etc.). I don't think that there is an inch on the lake that those canoes didn't cover. There is only one mystery that needs to be solved with those canoes; why when one particular person (we won't mention any names, Darrin) was in a canoe, it seemed to be a little tipsy!!! :) I think that the kids spent most of their time paddling around the lake, they should all have strong arms now. Karlie and Austin spent enough time on the water and in the sun that it left its mark,
Nice look kids.
I think that I am still trying to recover from all of those crazy late night chat sessions. Isn't it crazy what you can find to talk about late at night. Those are times that will be remembered for a very long time. Fishing was another activity that everyone took part in one way or another. Some had success (way to go Ian) and others made a mess (Look at the two MightyFishermen). I wish more time could of been spent on the water trying to lure in the big daddy but the fishing was good and the company was great.
I hope that our family can have many more times together like the ones we shared at the cabin. I love y'all and can't wait until we can spend time together again. Thanks again Alawna, I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to BLOG-VILLE Ryan and Tracie! So good to have you here. We love you guys. Now I'll put a link from our blog to yours on tonight! Now get Alawna and Lynn on board. Your mom and dad too!
We're off to Miami tomorrow morning!

Virginia said...

Wow, Ryan, I loved the pictures and reading about our great trip to Six Lakes. It truly was a highlight of all of those 60 years. Thanks everyone for all that you did to make it such a special weekend( the memories will last forever!!)

LFA said...

Do we get the pictures and a report about Tracies return ?